Program of Study
- Program of Study (PDF)
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership with a concentration in Teacher Leader: Curriculum & Instruction is designed for teachers who want to stay in the classroom while also taking on leadership roles within the school. This program does not lead to an initial teaching license. The environment of preK-12 schools is complex and ever changing, and teachers with leadership skills are essential to shaping the environment into one in which students and teachers alike can succeed. The program's coursework and field activities are based on state and national standards and prepares teachers to become instructional leaders in their schools.
Learn more about the online program.
Students interested in earning a Teacher Leader Endorsement may pursue the Teacher Leader Endorsement program after the completion of a master’s degree.
Grant Hambright, Program Director
- Bachelor's degree
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or higher
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on any previous graduate work, if applicable
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores in the 50th percentile or better NOTE: Test requirement is waived if the applicant's cumulative undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or higher or if the applicant has a previous master's degree
Submit to the Graduate School:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended (except WSU)
- Official GRE or MAT scores if applicable
Apply to Graduate School.
Admission is in the Fall A, Spring A and Summer A terms. Apply at least six weeks prior to the term of enrollment.