Catalog & Related Links
The baccalaureate program in athletic training (AT) is a separate major within the Department of Kinesiology and Health in the College of Education and Human Services. In order to be eligible to apply to the AT Program, students should be accepted as degree-seeking students at Wright State University.
The Athletic Trainer is a qualified health care professional educated and experienced in the management of health care problems associated with the physically active. In cooperation with physicians and other allied health care personnel, the athletic trainer functions as an integral member of the sports medicine team in clinics, the military, extreme sports, or as a physician extender and many other health care settings.
The Wright State AT Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) through 2016-17.
Rebekah Bower, M.S., A.T., A.T.C.
135 Wright State Physicians Building
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5
- Wright State letter of acceptance
Successfully complete an interview with program faculty.
You will be admitted to University College as a pre-major until you meet the criteria for acceptance into the major.
Faculty & Staff Directory
Desired Wright State Athletic Training Program Outcome
Students graduating from the Wright State AT Program will be well prepared to enter the field of athletic training.
Wright State Athletic Training Program Outcome Data
- Complete all AT Program coursework with a CGPA of 2.5 or better*
- Complete all clinical hours and rotations*
- Complete Expectation (skills) Contracts at each level*
- Demonstrate progressive satisfactory Professional Development Evaluations*
- Pass BOC Examination
2011-12 2012-13 2013-14 Three Year Aggregate # of students graduating from program 10 11 33 # of students graduating from program who took exam 9 8 29 # of students who passed exam on 1st attempt 8 7 24 % of students who passed exam on 1st attempt (70% min required) 88.89 87.50 82.76 % of students who passed exam on 1st attempt (national pass rate) 82.30 80.29 NA # of students who passed exam regardless of # of attempts 9 7 28 % of students who passed exam regardless of # of attempts 100.00 87.50 96.55
- Secure employment in AT setting, including graduate assistant positions
- 2012-13: 12 graduates; 3 employed in AT setting, 3 preparing to take BOC, 4 interviewing for AT employment, and 1 finishing pre-reqs for PA school
- 2011-12: 8 graduates; 6 employed in AT setting=
- Complete Alumni Survey. View the 2012-13 Alumni Survey Results (PDF).
*All four are required for graduation from the AT Program so 100% of graduates (2012-13, 2011-12, 2010-11) have completed these requirements.
December 2014 - Web site to be updated
The WSU AT Program is working to update the web site. Check back frequently to see what's new with our athletic trainers.