Program of Study:
Educators seeking an endorsement in Early Childhood Generalist 4th-5th grade Endorsement must hold or be eligible for an early childhood education license. Educators who do not have a current teaching license because it has expired, must complete the renewal requirements for the ECE license prior to the granting of the endorsement.
Upon successful completion of the Early Childhood Generalist 4th and 5th grade Endorsement program of study and passing licensure exams required by the state of Ohio, the holder of an Ohio Early Childhood teaching credential may add an endorsement in 4th and 4th grade.
For program specific questions and curriculum related questions:
Doris Johnson, Ed.D, Program Director
337 Allyn Hall
For general information about the program:
Andy Baker, Program Coordinator
311 Allyn Hall
For general graduate program related questions, admission information, licensure information, and transcript evaluation:
- Current Ohio Early Childhood Education license
- 2.5 Cumulative minimum undergraduate GPA
- Grades of B or higher in undergraduate math/science methods classes and all math/science classes taken prior to professional sequence of Early Childhood Education Program
- At the program director’s discretion, a C may be accepted when balanced by an A in another course.
- Students who do not meet math/science grade requirements may be required to retake courses to achieve a B. Only 1 retake per course.
Apply to Graduate School.
Complete Program Application.
Submit two Recommendation Form(s) (PDF).