The Charles and Renate Frydman Educational Resource Center (ERC) is an academic support unit of the College of Education and Human Services. Its mission is to provide intellectual and physical access to current state-of-the-art materials, equipment and services. The Instructional Materials Center and the Media Production Lab are both parts of the Educational Resource Center.
- Instructional Materials Center
The Instructional Materials Center (IMC) is a library-type setting. It offers print and non-print materials for classroom instruction, field work, and research. Space is provided for study purposes and for accessing computers. Resource materials are cataloged and listed on the University Libraries Catalog. When using the catalog, searches may be modified/limited to items owned by the ERC. For more information, please call (937) 775-2878.
- Media Production Lab
The Educational Resource Center’s Media Production Lab (MPL) is a hands-on instructional lab. It is a space for producing audio and/or visual materials quickly and inexpensively for instructional purposes. The lab may be used by anyone. For more information, please call (937) 775-2883.
- WebCheck Fingerprinting
The ERC offers an electronic scan fingerprinting service for civilian background checks. For more information, please call (937) 775-2878.
- Dayton Holocaust Resource Center Housed within the Charles & Renate Frydman Educational Resource Center (ERC) are teaching materials owned by the Dayton Holocaust Resource Center (DHRC). This nationally recognized collection of materials about the Holocaust, modern genocides, and bullies/bullying includes books for the scholarly student and the K-12 classroom; curriculum guides; and non-print items such as films, audiobooks, and kits. It is one of the most extensive collections of its kind in the Midwest. For more information, please call (937) 775-2878.
Fall and Spring Semesters
- Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Media Production Lab**
- Monday – 12:00 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday-Thursday -- 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Tuesday & Thursday: 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
Please note, you are advised to call the ERC at (937) 775-2878 or the MPL at (937) 775-2883 to verify open hours during breaks.
The ERC is closed all holidays observed by Wright State University.
*Appointments are required for WebCheck Fingerprinting services. They are available during business hours.
** Note: Additonally, open hours in the Media Production Lab may vary depending on classes offered in that lab. The schedule is subject to change without notice. Please call (937) 775-2883 to check the open hours.
*Visit the university's Maps page to view directions to campus, parking information, and a map of the campus.