photo of a student in the educational resource center

All students who are interested in an education and human services degree should apply through the Wright State University's Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Applicants should indicate their desired major on their application. First year students start their studies in University College. Experts in the first year experience advise students regarding the admission process in to college programs.



Prospective Students

When you are admitted to Wright State as an incoming freshman, and know what you want to major in, you may receive notice that you have been "directly admitted" to the College of Education and Human Services. This will happen if your standardized test scores and grade point average meet the criteria listed below. Otherwise you will begin in University College.

  • Have a high school grade cumulative point average of 3.25 or higher (on a 4 point scale)
  • ACT score of 25 or higher
  • SAT score of 1140 (combined) or higher

Current Students

If you are currently a student in the University College, consult with your advisor to learn more about the admission criteria for the program you desire. If you meet those criteria, your advisor will facilitate your change of major.

If you are already in a program and wish to change your major to another program (or add a Minor/Certificate), you may request a change of major by logging on to your Wings Express account and select the "Registration and Records" menu then "Major/Minor Change Request" option. At the time of your acceptance in to a College of Education and Human Services program, you will be assigned to an academic advisor in your new major. 

Returning Students

If you have been absent for less than three semesters, you are still an active student. Please consult with your Student Services advisor for registration assistance. Visit the college's Office of Student Services for more information:

Advising by appointment, Tuesday - Friday, call (937) 775-3086 or 3088.
The Office of Student Services is located in 378 Allyn Hall, call to confirm hours (especially if you are traveling from out of town).
If you have been absent for three or more semesters, you must reapply to Wright State and meet the admissions requirements. Returning students should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for more information. 

If you were dismissed you may apply for readmission by petition after a three semesters absence.

If you have not attended Wright State for three years (9 consecutive semesters) you may wish to take advantage of the Fresh Start Rule. This rule may help in recalculating your earlier GPA.

Transfer Students

Please visit Wright State's Transfer Admissions Articulation Agreements webpage to get an idea about which of your courses may transfer.

Some programs have specific entrance requirements; please review the webpage for the program you are interested in for details.

Academic Programs


Admission to the graduate programs will vary by program. Please consult the webpage for the program you are interested in for details.

Academic Programs


See the Student Services administrative specialist in 378 Allyn Hall for basic procedural information. You can also reach us by email, phone, or fax.
(937) 775-3086 or 3088
Fax: (937) 775-2099